"What are your secrets to avoid procrastination?"
After reviewing today's guest post below on how to conquer procrastination, please share it with others on Twitter and Facebook. We appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
Content Courtesy of: Karen Sebastian
Usually when we hit April 1st, I am less concerned about pranks and more disturbed by the fact that in 15 days I will be turning in my taxes.
This year I finished them on March 15th (Number 1 on the 10 Tips to Overcoming Procrastination list).
It worked for me. It looks like there is hope for me yet.
Most of us procrastinate in one or more areas of our lives. There are those who are right on top of all their business related activities but fall behind on the personal.
Others procrastinate on certain aspects of their work that they do not enjoy – such as the detailed part such as accounting or taxes.
Here Are Ten Ways to Overcome Procrastination
9. Prioritize them by date you need to have them completed.
8. Decide what needs to be done first and DO it!
7. Divide a big project into manageable parts and tackle one a day.
6. Get a timer and set it for 15 minutes. Focus on that one part without allowing yourself to get distracted.
5. Get someone to help you get started.
4. Find an accountability partner and report your progress.
3. Make a game out of it and have fun!
2. Celebrate progress and keep going.
1. Set a fake deadline before the real one.
I set a fake deadline for my taxes and have enjoyed a sense of smug accomplishment for the last two weeks. Good luck with your deadlines and remember, be kind to yourself!
What tips can you add?
What are your secrets to avoid procrastination?
About the Author:
Karen Sebastian is a serial entrepreneur who wants to help you succeed in your business. Please email her at email@example.com if you would like to book her as a speaker or want one-on-one coaching. Subscribe to Karen's blog for more inspiration on how to become a HOPEpreneur
Are You Unhappy Where You Are Right Now? Take Charge of Your Destiny Today!
Get the guidance and advice that will amplify the Law of Attraction and put you on the path to quick and lasting prosperity.
The Forgotten Laws will introduce you to a reality where money, health, and love are in limitless abundance.
Do you need more personal development advice to keep you on the right track while building your business?
Check out additional personal development articles, videos, and blog posts in the Woman in Leadership community.